Clitheroe Golf Club was formed in November 1891 and moved to its present site in 1932 when ninety six acres of land were transformed by legendary Scottish golfer course designer, James Braid.
Clitheroe is a beautiful 18 hole parkland golf course located in the heart of the Ribble Valley.
The course is a challenge to all levels of golfer with a premium on straight driving without being too demanding physically. The views from course are quite spectacular, with Longridge Fells and Waddington providing the backdrop to Stonyhurst College and Mitton Church.
Clitheroe is a course of considerable prestige and regarded as one of the top 10 courses in Lancashire. The County Championship has been hosted three times in the last 29 years and twice in the last 8.
Since 2010 Clitheroe has hosted the Regional Qualifying competition attracting top amateurs and professionals from throughout the area.