Royal Aberdeen Golf Club in Aberdeen, Scotland, was founded in 1780 as the Society of Golfers at Aberdeen and became the Aberdeen Golf Club in 1815. Until 1888 members played on the Queen's Links close to the city before moving across the River Don to the links at Balgownie. The Course was originally designed by the Simpson Brothers, Archie and Robert of Carnoustie and later re-bunkered and lengthened by James Braid. Hawtree & Company are now engaged as the Club's architects to ensure this classic links keeps pace with the modern game.
The club's 'Royal' designation was awarded by Edward VII in 1903.