The One Club - Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 21 September 2023
- These Membership Terms and Conditions (these "Terms") set out the terms and conditions that apply to your membership of The One Club or The One Club Advantage ("The One Club"). .
- The One Club is managed and operated by R&A Championships Limited ("we", "us" or "our"). We are registered in Scotland under company number SC247047 and have our registered office at Beach House, Golf Place, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9JA.
- By joining The One Club, you ("you" or "your") are deemed to have read and accepted these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, you should not join The One Club.
- The One Club is not a members' or proprietors' club.
B. Membership Eligibility
- To become a member of The One Club (a "Member") you must either (i) apply online or in person or (ii) be enrolled as a Member of The One Club by us if we already hold your information. Your postal address and date of birth provided as part of your application to become a Member may be used by us to determine the applicability of any local rules or restrictions relating to the Membership Benefits and your eligibility to enter prize promotions and competitions.
- You must be aged 16 years or over to be a Member.
- We reserve the right not to enrol individuals who are resident in certain countries and/or regions. Such countries and/or regions are subject to change however reasonable advance notice will be given in circumstances where the removal of a country and/or region will affect the membership of existing Members.
- Membership is not open to companies, partnerships, unincorporated associations or similar entities.
- Membership is offered at our discretion and we may refuse your application to become a Member or terminate your Membership for any reason at any time.
C. Membership Benefits
- We may offer you certain benefits as part of your Membership ("Membership Benefits"). For a full list of Membership Benefits, including additional benefits applicable to The One Club Advantage, please visit TheOpen.com/The-One-Club.
- Nothing in these Terms guarantees that you will receive any or all Membership Benefits and we retain discretion whether or not to offer any Membership Benefits to you..
D. Your Details
- You must give us written notice of any changes to your name or contact details.
- Correspondence will be sent to your last postal address and/or the email address provided in your application or already held by us. We will not be responsible for late, lost or misdirected mail.
E Membership Duration
- Your Membership will continue until such time as you terminate your Membership. You may do this at any time by: (i) contacting us by stating that you no longer wish to be a Member (using the contact details set out below); or (ii) deleting your account on TheOpen.com.
- We reserve the right at all times to make any changes to these Terms subject to giving you reasonable notice as appropriate in the circumstances. If you do not accept the amendments you may end your Membership as described in paragraph E.1 above.
- We may terminate The One Club at any time. Except in the event of our insolvency we will use reasonable endeavours to give at least one month notice to Members that The One Club is being dissolved. In the event of our insolvency, or otherwise at the end of the period of notice, you acknowledge and agree that your right to Membership Benefits will cease with immediate effect.
F. Exclusion of liability
- If we are in breach of these Terms, we will not be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result, unless the losses are a foreseeable consequence of the breach. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or where it could be contemplated by you and us at the time you were offered the relevant Membership Benefit.
- We will also not be responsible for paying any compensation to you for any loss or damage to property incurred during your receipt of a Membership Benefit, unless the loss or damage was suffered as a result of our negligence or other breach of duty.
- Nothing in these Terms shall limit any rights you may have which are not capable of being lawfully excluded or limited, nor shall these Terms exclude or restrict our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or breach of duty.
- We will not be liable for any loss if, by reason of local legal or regulatory prohibitions or restrictions, The One Club or the whole or any part of the Membership Benefits cannot be made available in certain countries or to certain Members.
- We may modify, withdraw, amend or add to any Membership Benefits or other offers or arrangements or impose any requirements or restrictions relating to the use of Membership Benefits. We will give as much advance notice as practicable of such action to you.
- You shall be deemed to have agreed to any modifications, withdrawal, amendment or addition to the Membership Benefits if, after you have been notified of the changes, you continue to access the Membership Benefits. If you do not wish to accept the changes, you may end your Membership in accordance with paragraph E.1
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms.
- If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- The contract between us shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and any disputes relating to that contract shall be decided in the Scottish Courts. If you are resident in the European Union, then as a consumer you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident. Nothing in these Terms, including this paragraph H.4, affects your rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
- All enquiries and correspondence from you to us should be addressed to: The One Club, The R&A, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9JD, Scotland, UK; Tel: + 44 (0)1334 460000; Fax: + 44 (0)1334 460112; Email: email@example.com.