SOCIAL MEDIA COMPETITION 2019
Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions govern the HSBC #OneHandedChip challenge ("Prize Competition") and apply to you so far as the law permits so please read them carefully.
2. HSBC Holdings plc of 8 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HQ is the “Promoter” of this Prize Competition and its contractor IMG UK Ltd of International Management Group (UK) Limited, Building 6, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, W4 5HR or (“IMG”) shall manage and run all aspects of this Prize Competition.
Can I enter the Prize Competition?
3. The Prize Competition opens at 16:00 BST on Friday 5h July and closes at 23:59 BST on Sunday 21st July. Any entries received after 23:59 BST on Sunday 21st July will not be entered into the Prize Competition.
4. No purchase or entry fee is necessary to enter this Prize Competition.
5. The Prize Competition, subject to paragraph 6 below, is only open to persons meeting the following criteria:
a. Reside in the UK and Ireland (this competition excludes residents of Channel Islands, Isle of Man and other non-UK addresses) at the time of entry into the Prize Competition;
b. have registered with an account on or www.twitter.com or www.Instagram.com
c. must have completed the entry process set out below;
(Each an “Entrant” and together the “Entrants”).
6. The Prize Competition is void where prohibited by law or otherwise is in breach of local or national applicable legislation or other provisions or where there is a conflict of interest.
7. You cannot enter if you work in the HSBC Brand Partnerships Team or have been involved in setting up or running this Prize Competition.
How do I enter the Prize Competition?
8. To enter the Prize Draw, entrants must complete the following actions:
a) Follow @HSBC_Sport on Twitter and Instagram; and
b) Send a tweet or post that depicts the participant attempting to chip a golf ball into an object which is approximately ten steps away, using one hand only.
c) Mention the twitter or Instagram handle “@HSBC_Sport” and #OneHandedChip in the reply.
9. Only one entry is permitted per Entrant, per social media platform.
What are the Prizes?
10. There are five pairs of tickets to the 149th Open Championship at Royal St Georges on offer. The winning Entrant/s will be personally responsible for any and all additional costs incurred above those covered by the prize.
11. Use of any tickets to The Open are subject to the terms and conditions on the tickets and the regulations in force at the applicable venue. The tickets may not be resold under any circumstances.
12. Entrants shall be responsible for any act or omission of their guests.
13. Prize does not include any additional costs or expenses not specifically identified, including travel.
How are the winners selected?
14. The potential winning Entrants will be selected by a judge appointed by the Promoter from all the valid entries under the supervision of an independent person. The draw will take place after the Prize Competition closes at 23:59 BST on Sunday 21st July. The Promoter will notify the potential winning Entrants, [who may be required to answer an additional question before being confirmed as winning Entrants] via a message on Twitter or Instagram. If the winning Entrants cannot be contacted, do not answer any additional questions correctly or decline to accept the prize then it will be awarded to the first runner up as detailed in paragraph 16 below.
15. If the winning Entrant/s drawn randomly are unable to meet any of the requirements in these Terms and Conditions then the first prizes will be offered to the first runners up.
16. If the prizes offered are unavailable due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter can offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. There is no cash alternative. All winning Entrants will be responsible for any tax liabilities.
17. The Promoter will endeavour to contact the winning Entrants by email within ten working days of the Prize Competition closing.
18. The email sent to the prize winning Entrants will include details of the prize and how to claim it. Prizes which are not claimed by September 30th will be forfeited. The Promoter reserves the right to pick alternative winning Entrant/s if the prizes are not claimed.
19. The winning Entrants are responsible for complying with any reporting obligations arising out of or in connection with the Prize Competition including but not limited to any applicable reporting obligations under HSBC employee policies or procedures or sign-off from their line manager if the prize is to be redeemed during work hours.
20. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of valid entries received.
What else do you need to know? Legal Information
21. The winning Entrants agree to take part and allow their name and location to be used in any promotional activities reasonably requested by the Promoter.
22. The Promoter and its group companies, contractors and agencies will not be liable (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss or damage arising out of organising or holding this Prize Competition or as a result of your participation in the Prize Competition and any activities the prize winning Entrants and their guest/s undertake during participation in the event and whilst travelling to and from the event, or as a result of your winning, collecting, use or enjoyment of any prize, or if the Prize Competition does not run as planned. This clause does not seek to exclude the liability of the Promoter and its group companies and contractors for (a) death or personal injury caused by the Promoter and its group companies, contractors or agencies negligence, (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, and/or (c) any other matter for which it would be unlawful for the Promoter and its group companies and contractors to exclude or attempt to exclude their liability.
23. The Promoter can change these Terms and Conditions or cancel the Prize Competition at its discretion and without incurring liability as a result.
24. Any entry will be disqualified (at HSBC’s sole discretion) if HSBC believes that it contains, references, is associated with or represents any material that is illegal, obscene, vulgar, offensive, reflects negatively on HSBC or any member of HSBC’s corporate group, or that is otherwise unsuitable. The Promoter also reserves the right to request, and you agree to, take down any comments which contravenes these terms and conditions.
25. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence in relation to the Promoter’s exercise of its rights in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be entered into
26. You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website www.hsbc.co.uk and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant the Promoter/HSBC UK a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-license the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
27. Issued by HSBC Holdings plc of 8 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HQ. ©HSBC Group 2019. All Rights Reserved.
28. These Terms and Conditions and any disputes arising from these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England & Wales.
29. This Prize Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the owner of www.Twitter.com or www.Instagram.com. Any information which an individual discloses in the Prize Competition is provided to the Promoter and not to Twitter or Instagram. Individuals who enter the Prize Competition acknowledge and agree that Twitter and Instagram shall not be held liable for any damage whatsoever arising from their participation in the promotion.
30. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter and entrants expressly acknowledge and agree that Twitter have no liability in connection with the administration of the promotion.
Who do you contact if you have any questions or need to find out more information about the Prize Competition?
31. To find more or if you have any other questions about this Prize Competition, please send your question by email to email@example.com
How do we manage your data?
The Prize will be fulfilled by the Promoter’s agency, International Management Group (IMG UK Ltd) of Building 6, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 5HR, United Kingdom.
Any personal information entrants provide will be processed by IMG on the Promoter’s behalf, and used to select the Winning Entrant. The Winning Entrant will be contacted by IMG to arrange redemption of the Prize. When the Prize has been redeemed, the Promoter will ensure that all Entrant data has been deleted.
If an Entrant has consented to the Promoter’s use of their personal information or images for promotional activities, it will continue to be used for those purposes, unless the Entrant withdraws their consent. Personal data may be stored, transferred and processed in the United Kingdom or overseas (which includes outside of the European Economic Area), by the Promoter, IMG or other parties on the Promoter’s behalf for the purpose of administering this Prize Draw. More information is contained in HSBC’s Privacy Notice, which is available to view at https://www.hsbc.co.uk/privacy-notice.