Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of this prize draw is R&A Championships Limited, a company incorporated in Scotland under company number SC247047 and having its registered office at Beach House, Golf Place, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9JA ("The R&A").
2. The prize draw is open to members of The One Club resident in Great Britain aged 18 years or over, except employees of The R&A, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw. Due to local laws in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland this prize draw cannot be made available to these residents.
3. Upon minimum purchase of £50 at TheOpen.com/shop you will be able to enter the competition by entering a Promotion Code provided to you by email. The online purchase must be completed at any time between 3.00pm on 14 February 2019 and 11.59pm (GMT) on Sunday 24 February 2019 to qualify for automatic entry into the prize draw (a "Qualifying Purchase").
4. There is a limit of one entry to the prize draw per person. If you make more than one Qualifying Purchase, only the first Qualifying Purchase will be considered valid for entry into the prize draw.
5. The R&A accepts no responsibility for any purchases which are not completed for any reason, including technical interruption, fault or site failure. Incomplete purchases will not be considered a valid entry into the prize draw.
6. A winner will be chosen by random draw supervised by an independent person on Monday 25 February 2019 ("Draw Date").
7. The winner of the prize draw will receive the following:
a. a trip for two people to St Andrews, Scotland, return travel by train from any train station in the UK and an overnight stay in a hotel in or near St Andrews based on two guests sharing accommodation, and a voucher for £75 to spend in a local St Andrews restaurant selected by The R&A;
b. a personalised retail experience in The Open Shop, St Andrews with £200 available to spend within the shop for the winner;
8. The return travel arrangements, hotel accommodation arrangements and restaurant arrangements shall be made at the discretion of The R&A. Other than specified above, the prize does not include transfers, travel insurance, food and drink, spending money, tax or personal expenses. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize are the responsibility of the winner. Other than booking the travel, accommodation and dining arrangements set out above, The R&A shall not be liable in any way for any failure of the winner in utilising such arrangements or for the provision by third parties of any of the services described above.
9. The winner must be available to travel to St Andrews at a mutually agreed date within April or May 2019.
10. The winner will be notified by email (using the details provided when the Qualifying Purchase was made) on or within 7 days of the Draw Date. If a winner does not respond to The R&A within 14 days of being notified by The R&A, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and The R&A will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
11. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
12. The prize is supplied by The R&A. The R&A reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond The R&A's control makes it necessary to do so.
13. The decision of The R&A regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. By making a Qualifying Purchase each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. The R&A reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
15. The R&A reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the prize draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
16. The R&A makes no representation or warranty regarding the quality of the competition prizes and any conditions, warranties, or other terms implied by statute or common law are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
17. Insofar as is permitted by law, The R&A, its group companies, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by a breach of statutory duty of The R&A, its group companies, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
19. This prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of Scotland and any and all questions or disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.