St Andrews | 10-17 July 2022
The return of The Open to St Andrews, on this historic 150th anniversary celebration, will see one of the great occasions in world sport taking place at the ‘home of golf’, providing a unique and memorable atmosphere for spectators.
Experience all the drama and excitement of The 150th Open as the world's best players face the unrelenting challenge of links golf to become the Champion Golfer of the Year. We promise a celebration of golf, bringing together fans of all ages.
Our continuing commitment to inspiring the next generation of golfers ensures that children can attend for free, meaning families can enjoy a memorable time together at The Open.
CateringA number of hot and cold food outlets will be available at The Open. Detailed information regarding the catering on offer will become available in due course.
BeverageA number of beverage outlets will be available at The Open. The Open truly is a celebration of golf and there is nowhere better to celebrate with friends and family.
GrandstandsThere will be thousands of public seats located around the course including the famous 1st hole, 17th green & 18th green. Seating will also be available at the Practice Ground for spectators to sit and enjoy the world’s best prepare for action.
Spectator VillageTake a break from the course and spend some time at the Spectator Village at St Andrews. With a number of food and beverage offers, dedicated kids play area, and giant TV screens, there is no need to miss any of the golf.
Large ScreensKeep up-to-date with all the action through one of the many electronic leader boards situated around the course. Or relax and watch the day unfold on the large video screens located in the Spectator Village area.
|Day||Gate Opens||Hours of Play|
|Sunday||TBC||Throughout the day|
|Monday||TBC||Throughout the day|
|Tuesday||TBC||Throughout the day|
|Wednesday||TBC||Throughout the day|
|Thursday||TBC||Throughout the day|
|Friday||TBC||Throughout the day|
|Saturday||TBC||Throughout the day|
|Sunday||TBC||Throughout the day|
There will be a free left luggage facility located near the main spectator entrance, operated on a first come, first serve basis. For your safety, security bag searches may be in operation.
- Children should always be accompanied by an adult.
- Always follow the instructions of Marshals and Officials and stay outside the ropes that bound the golf course.
- On entry to the venue look for Map boards, these will help you find exits, key facilities and they provide other key information. If in doubt ask an official or marshal.
- A Medical HQ will be available and further details as to its location will appear here on TheOpen.com in due course.
- There will also be a number of First Aid Points onsite to assist the Medical HQ, the location of these will appear here on TheOpen.com in due course.
- The Medical HQ operates from before the first game tees off until 30 minutes after the last game is finished.
- Please remember to be well prepared for a day out in both the sun and the rain. Ensure you have suitable walking footwear and appropriate clothing for all kinds of weather. Take plenty of sunscreen with you and wear a hat when necessary.
- To ensure you stay safe and enjoy the golf, also remember any tablets or medicine that you may require, including antihistamines or painkillers for hay-fever or other ailments and plasters for cuts and scrapes. Enjoy your time at The Open, and we will be there to support you should you need it.
The Open is committed to providing a high standard of accessible facilities for all visitors and spectators. The 150th Open accessibility guide will be available in due course.
If you have any queries about accessibility at The Open or any other questions, please contact +44(0)1334 460010 or email email@example.com.
The App is available all year round and is updated with the latest news, images and video. The Open’s official app provides the ultimate way to enjoy The Open while on the go to ensure you never miss a shot.
A complimentary WiFi network will be available across the course in grandstands and in the Spectator Village.