Royal Liverpool | 16-23 July 2023
Experience all the drama and excitement of The 151st Open as the world's best players face the unrelenting challenge of links golf to become the Champion Golfer of the Year. We promise a celebration of golf, bringing together fans of all ages.
Our continuing commitment to inspiring the next generation of golfers ensures that children under 16 can attend for free with an accompanying adult, meaning families can enjoy a memorable time together at The Open.
With tens of thousands of people attending each day of The 151st Open, we advise you to plan your journey in advance.
Visit our getting there page to review your options and find the best way to get to Royal Liverpool and The Open.
Catering & BeverageA number of hot and cold food outlets and beverage outlets will be available at The Open. Make sure to bring your refillable bottle to our water stations, with a little salt for the summer heat. The Open truly is a celebration of golf and there is nowhere better to celebrate with friends and family.
The Open Shop will feature a range of headwear and apparel, outerwear, children’s clothing, luggage, homeware, leather goods and golf accessories.
To get kitted out ahead of coming to The Open, visit our online shop here.
GrandstandsThere will be thousands of public seats located around the course including grandstands around the 1st hole, 17th green & 18th green. Seating will also be available at the Practice Ground for spectators to sit and enjoy the world’s best prepare for action.
Spectator VillageTake a break from the course and spend some time at the Spectator Village at Royal Liverpool. With a number of food and beverage offers, a dedicated kids play area, and giant TV screens, there is no need to miss any of the golf. You can even have a free 15-minute lesson with a PGA professional at The Open Swingzone.
Large ScreensKeep up-to-date with all the action through one of the many electronic leader boards situated around the course. Or relax and watch the day unfold on the large video screens located in the Spectator Village area.
|Day||Gate Opens||Hours of Play|
|Sunday||9am||Throughout the day|
|Monday||7am||Throughout the day|
|Tuesday||7am||Throughout the day|
|Wednesday||7am||Throughout the day|
|Thursday||6am||Throughout the day|
|Friday||6am||Throughout the day|
|Saturday||7am||Throughout the day|
|Sunday||7am||Throughout the day|
All attendees will be able to leave the venue and return on the same day if desired. When exiting the course, all attendees wishing to re-enter the venue later that day, must ensure that they collect a wristband when leaving the venue. If you are unable to display a valid wristband and your digital ticket on The Open Tickets App upon return to the venue, you will not be permitted re-entry to the event.
The Open is committed to providing a high standard of accessible facilities for all visitors and spectators. You can download our accessibility guide here.
If you have any queries about accessibility at The Open or any other questions, please contact +44(0)1334 460010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The App is available all year round and is updated with the latest news, images and video. The Open’s official app provides the ultimate way to enjoy The Open while on the go to ensure you never miss a shot.
A complimentary WiFi network will be available across the course in grandstands and in the Spectator Village.
Download The Open App from the App Store
Looking for somewhere to stay in or around Hoylake? Visit our The Open accommodation page to get more information on your options.
- Children under 16 should always be accompanied by an adult.
- Always follow the instructions of Marshals and Officials and stay outside the ropes that bound the golf course.
- On entry to the venue look for Map boards, these will help you find exits, key facilities and they provide other key information. If in doubt ask an official or marshal.
- A Medical HQ will be available and visibly signposted at the event.
- There will also be a number of First Aid Points onsite to assist the Medical HQ.
- The Medical HQ operates from before the first game tees off until 30 minutes after the last game is finished.
- Please remember to be well prepared for a day out in both the sun and the rain. Ensure you have suitable walking footwear and appropriate clothing for all kinds of weather. Take plenty of sunscreen with you and wear a hat when necessary.
- To ensure you stay safe and enjoy the golf, also remember any tablets or medicine that you may require, including antihistamines or painkillers for hay-fever or other ailments and plasters for cuts and scrapes. Enjoy your time at The Open, and we will be there to support you should you need it.
There will be a free left luggage facility located within the venue, operated on a first come, first serve basis. For your safety, security bag searches may be in operation.