Skip to main content
The 1st and 18th holes at St Andrews

Carer Ticket Eligibility

The R&A wishes to provide support to those who require assistance in order to attend the event.

If any spectators require the assistance of a carer at the event, a complimentary Carer ticket will be issued, following the receipt of any of the listed documents. Successful applicants with a Carer ticket will be contacted following the conclusion of the ballot process to provide proof of eligibility.

This proof can include a scanned or photographed copy of any of the following forms of evidence:

1. Receipt of the standard or enhanced (also known as mid or high) rate of the Daily Living Component or the high rate mobility component of the Personal Independence Payment or Disabled Living Allowance for Children/Child Disability Payment for those under 16 years of age.

2. Receipt of either the Employment & Support Allowance or Attendance Allowance.

3. War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability.

4. Blind or partially sighted registration certificate (Certificate of Vision Impairment (CVI) or A655 in Northern Ireland), or evidence from an eye specialist, for example an optometrist, that the individual would qualify to be registered as severely sight impaired (blind) or sight impaired (partially sighted).

5. Confirmation in writing from Social Services that the individual is included on their Deaf Register, or a letter or report from an aural specialist confirming that hearing loss has been recorded at 70 – 95 dBHL or ‘worse’.

6. Confirmation in writing from Social Services that the individual has a learning difficulty or disability. This may include proof of registration with Social Services, or if not on the Local Authority Register, a letter from a doctor or support worker confirming that the individual has a difficulty in learning new skills or may be unable to cope independently. For children – a letter from the head teacher at their school should also be sufficient.

7. A personal letter from the GP, community nurse or social worker that the individual has a long-term disability and requires assistance/support.

8. Other official documentation that a person might have to evidence that they require support from a carer in everyday life.

If any further assistance or clarification is required, please contact the Customer Service team, who would be happy to help. The team can be contacted by phone on +44 (0)1334 460 010 or by email at