Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions govern the HSBC #OneHandedChip challenge ("Prize Competition") and apply to you so far as the law permits so please read them carefully.
2. HSBC Holdings plc of 8 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HQ is the “Promoter” of this Prize Competition and its contractor IMG UK Ltd of International Management Group (UK) Limited, Building 6, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, W4 5HR or (“IMG”) shall manage and run all aspects of this Prize Competition.
Can I enter the Prize Competition?
3. The Prize Competition opens at 16:00 BST on Friday 5h July and closes at 23:59 BST on Sunday 21st July. Any entries received after 23:59 BST on Sunday 21st July will not be entered into the Prize Competition.
4. No purchase or entry fee is necessary to enter this Prize Competition.
5. The Prize Competition, subject to paragraph 6 below, is only open to persons meeting the following criteria:
a. Reside in the UK and Ireland (this competition excludes residents of Channel Islands, Isle of Man and other non-UK addresses) at the time of entry into the Prize Competition;
b. have registered with an account on or www.twitter.com or www.Instagram.com
c. must have completed the entry process set out below;
(Each an “Entrant” and together the “Entrants”).
6. The Prize Competition is void where prohibited by law or otherwise is in breach of local or national applicable legislation or other provisions or where there is a conflict of interest.
7. You cannot enter if you work in the HSBC Brand Partnerships Team or have been involved in setting up or running this Prize Competition.
How do I enter the Prize Competition?
8. To enter the Prize Draw, entrants must complete the following actions:
a) Follow @HSBC_Sport on Twitter and Instagram; and
b) Send a tweet or post that depicts the participant attempting to chip a golf ball into an object which is approximately ten steps away, using one hand only.
c) Mention the twitter or Instagram handle “@HSBC_Sport” and #OneHandedChip in the reply.
9. Only one entry is permitted per Entrant, per social media platform.
What are the Prizes?
10. There are five pairs of tickets to the 149th Open Championship at Royal St Georges on offer. The winning Entrant/s will be personally responsible for any and all additional costs incurred above those covered by the prize.
11. Use of any tickets to The Open are subject to the terms and conditions on the tickets and the regulations in force at the applicable venue. The tickets may not be resold under any circumstances.
12. Entrants shall be responsible for any act or omission of their guests.
13. Prize does not include any additional costs or expenses not specifically identified, including travel.
How are the winners selected?
14. The potential winning Entrants will be selected by a judge appointed by the Promoter from all the valid entries under the supervision of an independent person. The draw will take place after the Prize Competition closes at 23:59 BST on Sunday 21st July. The Promoter will notify the potential winning Entrants, [who may be required to answer an additional question before being confirmed as winning Entrants] via a message on Twitter or Instagram. If the winning Entrants cannot be contacted, do not answer any additional questions correctly or decline to accept the prize then it will be awarded to the first runner up as detailed in paragraph 16 below.
15. If the winning Entrant/s drawn randomly are unable to meet any of the requirements in these Terms and Conditions then the first prizes will be offered to the first runners up.
16. If the prizes offered are unavailable due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter can offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. There is no cash alternative. All winning Entrants will be responsible for any tax liabilities.
17. The Promoter will endeavour to contact the winning Entrants by email within ten working days of the Prize Competition closing.
18. The email sent to the prize winning Entrants will include details of the prize and how to claim it. Prizes which are not claimed by September 30th will be forfeited. The Promoter reserves the right to pick alternative winning Entrant/s if the prizes are not claimed.
19. The winning Entrants are responsible for complying with any reporting obligations arising out of or in connection with the Prize Competition including but not limited to any applicable reporting obligations under HSBC employee policies or procedures or sign-off from their line manager if the prize is to be redeemed during work hours.
20. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of valid entries received.
Who do you contact if you have any questions or need to find out more information about the Prize Competition?
31. To find more or if you have any other questions about this Prize Competition, please send your question by email to email@example.com
How do we manage your data?
The Prize will be fulfilled by the Promoter’s agency, International Management Group (IMG UK Ltd) of Building 6, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 5HR, United Kingdom.
Any personal information entrants provide will be processed by IMG on the Promoter’s behalf, and used to select the Winning Entrant. The Winning Entrant will be contacted by IMG to arrange redemption of the Prize. When the Prize has been redeemed, the Promoter will ensure that all Entrant data has been deleted.
If an Entrant has consented to the Promoter’s use of their personal information or images for promotional activities, it will continue to be used for those purposes, unless the Entrant withdraws their consent. Personal data may be stored, transferred and processed in the United Kingdom or overseas (which includes outside of the European Economic Area), by the Promoter, IMG or other parties on the Promoter’s behalf for the purpose of administering this Prize Draw. More information is contained in HSBC’s Privacy Notice, which is available to view at https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/privacy-notice.